Sunday, December 11, 2005

Fin

As the year comes to a close, so I also announce that I will no longer be posting here. I haven't decided what I will do about taking it down or not -- will take awhile, and some elusive free time, to save up the archives.

I was writing here for almost 4 years, for mostly better, sometimes worse. As much as blogging is stroking your own ego in glorious HTML, it's also an odd little diary that you are willing to open up to others. I think I have created and maintained many friendships from all of this.

I'm not exactly sure who reads this anymore. At one time, I knew the 3 very people who came by. I dug my own grave in making this Googleable and Yahooable, and I rue the day that caching became a feature of the World Wide Web. But I'd be lying if I said I did it all with no hope for your continued curiosity.

I do think a story is best told in print. Just so much more subtlety there, with the permanence, finality, and artistry of words. These little stories I've told, all chronologized by this neat little program, I click back to often to trigger a beautiful memory or a profound sadness I masked behind the text.

Life is best lived as storytelling.
Streetgirl: And then? What happens after?
Emma: There is no "then," there is no "after."
- That Hamilton Woman

2 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Alex fuck off she's mine

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know what's got ya down, but don't quit!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters eXTReMe Tracker