Monday, November 14, 2005

Guilt Season

Going on very little today. A bit of sleep, caffeine, food -- not enough of my usual intake. Conversations from the weekend swirling in my mind. I'm very uneasy this week.

Yesterday, I devoted at least a couple of hours to the search for spam musubi. I was dogged in my pursuit, endlessly circling the block for parking but never giving up. It was a dumb effort, but I was satisfied with the pay-off.

At dinner, my sister said something to me about test scores. It reminded me that what's done is done. There is a score out there that at least counts for something.

I gave my dad a really tight hug before driving home.

At King's Head, I hollered and sang. My closer of the night, "Like A Virgin," was horribly warbled. I cannot mix song and drink.

I talked talked talked, last night and into early morning. We had baklava and tea, watched Madonna's new video, revisited old topics, opened up new ones, laughed a lot.

Anyway, I have wasted a lot of time feeling bad about all the time I've wasted. I've wasted a lot of time feeling bad about a lot of things. I don't know how one gets wired that way. Damned Chinese circuitry.
- Mary Forrest

My cousin, she's brilliant.

3 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's your cousin, is mary forrest your cousin?

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Lucy Sloan said...

Yes, Mary's my cousin.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger e*star said...

karen karen i found your blog, this is esther. i have a xanga...username dieselgrrrrl. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters eXTReMe Tracker